- ID Cards
- An active ID card or the OKState Wellness App must be presented at the main entrance to enter any Wellness facility. Although such a policy may appear to be an inconvenience, it serves the purpose of protecting your interests and rights as an authorized user. Staff cannot type in a name or CWID for entrance.
- ID CARDS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE. The card will be confiscated and the patron using the wrong ID card will be required to purchase a guest pass or membership or may be asked to leave the facilities. The card owner must meet with the staff to redeem the card and regain admission.
- Students, faculty, staff, and members who forget their cards or app will not be admitted
to the facility.
- If you forget your ID or app, you are eligible to purchase a guest pass. The guest pass is refundable if you charge the guest pass to your Bursar account, and you bring your card back to the Colvin at least one hour prior to closing.
- For students, faculty, staff, and retirees, your current OSU ID card or the OKState Wellness app is what you will need to enter the facilities.
- Wellness staff cannot reactivate old or invalid OSU IDs. ID services will be able to correct OSU ID issues.
- For members that do not qualify to get an ID card from OSU, a Wellness Membership card can be printed in the business office. If you have lost this card, it can be reprinted in the business office for a $5 fee.
- Children in Facilities
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Food
- Food is not allowed outside of the provided vending area.
- No glass containers are allowed.
- Water, in plastic containers with re-sealable caps are allowed.
- Caps should be kept on containers when not in use, to prevent accidental spilling.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the premises.
- Consumption, or suspicious involvement with alcohol, will be grounds for expulsion and possible exclusion from further Wellness services.
- Oklahoma State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of all tobacco products are prohibited.
- Gum should be thrown away before entering the building.
- Pets and Animals
No pets or animals of any kind will be allowed on the Intramural Fields with or without a leash. As a reminder, only dogs specifically recognized by Pete’s Pet Posse and dogs identified as service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are allowed in campus buildings. Approved emotional support animals are restricted to residential housing. Other than in the case of these limited exceptions, pets and emotional support animals are not to be in campus buildings.
- Bicycles, Skateboards and In-Line Skates
- Bicycles, Skateboards, and In-line Skates are not allowed in any of our facilities.
- Bicycle racks are located outside. Do not park them anywhere else or they will be confiscated by OSU police or cut loose by management and placed in the bike rack.
- Bicycles left for more than a couple of days in the racks will be referred to OSU police for removal.
- Dress Code
Athletic attire is required in all Department of Wellness facilities.
Shirts/tops must be worn to eliminate contact between skin and any upholstered surface.
Shorts cannot expose the buttocks.
Shoes that leave marks are prohibited in wood-floor areas.
Closed-toed shoes are required (Exceptions by area i.e. Group Fitness Studios)
To protect equipment, clothing should be free of belts, studs, rivets, and zippers when using weight equipment.
Clothing that is deemed unsafe or inappropriate will be addressed by Department of Wellness staff.
As you use the facility, recognize that exposed skin can be at risk to disease exposure. Patrons can help minimize the risk for themselves and others by limiting skin contact to equipment and wiping down fitness equipment before and after use.
- Cardio EquipmentHow to use cardio equipment safely:
- Proper usage as determined and designed by the manufacturer is required.
- Do not grab electronic consoles – use the handle bars.
- Do not steeply incline the treadmills, grasp the handle and lean back on your routine. This is inappropriate and damages the equipment.
- Please wipe down equipment after use.
- No personal items are allowed in this area. Please use the free day-lockers provided for your convenience.
- Keep hands and feet clear of moving parts while machine is in use. Place hands and feet only on the hand grips and foot pads provided.
- Please use machines and equipment only for their intended purpose.
- There is a 45-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment. During peak times of usage be courteous and do not stay longer. If no one is waiting, you may reset your equipment.
- Weight EquipmentHow to use weight equipment safely:
Bottled water only.
- Collars must be used on all free bar lifts with plates.
- The use of a spotter is recommended on most free bar lifts.
- Please adhere to dress code posters.
- Do not neglect or misuse any of the equipment.
- When performing Olympic lifts, weight must be controlled throughout the movement.
- Do not drop weights from any height. Visit Performance Studio for exceptions.
- Dumbbells cannot be dropped; weight must be controlled throughout the movement.
- Clean up after yourself and re-rack weights after use.
- Each participant is only allowed to have one set of dumbbells off the rack at a time.
- Equipment may not be altered or removed from the rooms unless under the direction of a uniformed Department of Wellness Personal Trainer.
- Personal items such as backpacks are not allowed in the weight room.
- Staff members are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Personal training or private instruction at any Department of Wellness facility is restricted to those individuals who are specifically employed by the Department of Wellness for this purpose.
- No solicitation is allowed.
- Users are to abide by all staff requests.
- Gymnasium Usage
- 10 courts spread across 3 gymnasiums are available in the Colvin Recreation Center:
- 2-Gym (Courts 1 & 2) have badminton priority. Other activities are required to relocate when badminton players are present.
- 4-Gym North (Courts 3-6) are for basketball and volleyball. Court 6 has a permanent volleyball court set up and volleyball has priority on court 6. Other activities are required to relocate when volleyball players are present.
- 4-Gym South (Courts 7-10) are for basketball.
- NO DUNKING. Dunking is defined as touching, grasping or holding on to any part of the net or rim. Dunking is cause for immediate ejection from the facilities for a period of no less than one week.
- No tape on gym floors or walls.
- Do not move any equipment already set up on the courts. Ask the manager on duty for information regarding the daily activities.
- Gyms are intended for basketball, volleyball and badminton use only. Other activities must be approved by the manager on duty.
- It is suggested that no personal items should be brought in to the courts. Place items in lockers - day locks are provided free of charge at the equipment desk.
- Wear proper athletic shoes. No street shoes or black marking soles allowed.
- Our general rec policies apply to gymnasiums including (but not limited to):
- Participants should meet dress code.
- Bottled water only (other drinks and food not allowed on courts).
- Music should be played through headphones only.
- 10 courts spread across 3 gymnasiums are available in the Colvin Recreation Center:
- Equipment Check Out
- Numerous items are available for check out to members. Guests should have the member check out any needed equipment.
- To check out an item, member should provide OSU ID, name, or CWID. All items must be checked out.
- All equipment is free to check out, and the item must be returned undamaged by closing time. If checking out an inventoried item, the item number checked out should be the item number returned.
- We do not check out equipment 30 minutes prior to closing. This break allows staff time to recover left items and get prepared to close.
- Patrons should look over equipment when received at checkout window. Items appearing to be damaged should be traded out for a different item.
- Equipment is considered turned in late if item(s) is returned one or more minutes past closing time. The patrons' bursar account will be charged $5.00 for item(s) returned late.
- Equipment deemed damaged by the student staff will be turned over to the equipment manager. The patron who last checked out the item will be charged the replacement cost to their bursar account.
- Behavior and Personal Safety
- Patrons are expected to display acceptable social behavior while using any of the Wellness facilities.
- Abuse of staff in any form is not tolerated and will result in expulsion and exclusion for a period of time deemed appropriate by management.
- If staff ask your cooperation, please adjust your behavior. Uncooperative patrons will be asked to leave the facilities and excluded from its use until deemed appropriate by management.
- The Department of Wellness reserves the right to take whatever action necessary to preserve the safety and integrity of facilities and programs.
- Fighting is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the facilities. Lack of cooperation will result in the OSU Police being involved.
- Please help maintain a secure environment by watching your valuables carefully, and notifying staff if you see something out of the ordinary.
- When using the center please consider your own health history, seek counsel from your health provider, and use common sense. In case of an accident or illness, notify a Wellness employee immediately. Your assistance promoting safety is greatly appreciated.
- Participation is at your own personal risk.
- Music and TVs
- Limit your personal music to headphones. Portable speaker systems are not permitted in common work out areas. They may be appropriate in the dance studios for your practices.
- The TVs in the Colvin Center are set to a specific schedule. TVs will not be changed at the patrons request.
- The TV channels in the Wellness Center are able to be changed per patron request. Please notify attendant to change a channel.
- Advertising and Publicity
- Flyers or posters are not posted for organizations external to the Department of Wellness.
- No flyers/posters are permitted on the exterior of the building.
- Tape is not allowed on painted surfaces or gym floors.
- Tabling may be permitted in the East Hall (entry way to the Colvin Recreation Center). Please refer to Facility Reservations for more information.
- Lost and Found
- The Department of Wellness is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Participants are encouraged to store all personal belongings securely in lockers. Locks can be checked out free of charge from the equipment room to use on day lockers, or patrons can bring their own locks. Also lockers can be rented by the semester. See Locker Rentals (add link) for more info.
- Staff members are not allowed to hold valuables or bags for participants.
- Found items should be turned in at the Customer Service desk.
- Any items found which appear to be of significant monetary value will be stored safely. Those items can be claimed the following day at the Colvin Center business office. Valuables will be stored for two weeks and then given to OSU police for disposal.
- Items deemed to have minimal monetary value will be stored for 2 weeks and then given to local charities for disposal.
- ID cards that have been found will temporarily be held in the business office. All unclaimed IDs will periodically be sent to ID services.
- Video Surveillance
- For your safety and security, electronic monitors are located throughout our facilities.
- If a potential theft occurred in the building, a report should be filed with OSU PD. Department of Wellness staff cannot pull up surveillance footage for patrons.
- Photography and Videography
The intent of this policy is to maintain respect for the rights and privacy of our members and guests by preventing pictures without their consent.The following rules must be followed in order to film or take pictures in any of our facilities:
- Individuals wishing to take pictures or video in our facilities must have approval from the department.
- To guarantee a response, a request must be made at least 24 hours in advance and will be responded to Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- If approved, you will receive an email with written permission.
- Permission will be granted for video/audio taping of the general facility only.
- Filming or live-streaming within the Colvin Recreation Center and Seretean Wellness Center is prohibited unless approved in writing by the Department of Wellness. Patrons who fail to abide by this rule will be asked to leave the facility and risk potential suspension of facility usage.
- Members and/or guests involved in individual workouts, swimming, rock climbing, or attending a group fitness class should not be photographed except as they appear in the background of a facility area. No close-up pictures allowed.
- No member may be singled out for videotape purposes without their consent.
- Complaints from members regarding any aspect related to the production of video or photography in our facilities will result in termination of permission and forfeiture of the use of the media.
- The Department of Wellness reserves the right to have the recordings made in our facilities removed from all viewing formats if a representative of our department determines that the standards of this agreement have not been met.