Colvin Recreation Center
WELCOME TO THE COLVIN!
FacilitiesTour our state of the art facilities.
- 10 Basketball/Volleyball Courts
- 8 Racquetball Courts
- 1 Multipurpose Activity Court (MAC Gym)
- 25 Yard Indoor Pool with 14 foot dive well
- Outdoor Leisure Pool with three 25-yard lap lanes
- 25' Climbing Wall
- 150 sq. ft of bouldering walls
- 8000 sq. ft of free weights
- 1500 sq. ft of machine weights
- Three lane indoor track
- Equipment Checkout
- Locker Rooms
- Free Day Use Lockers
- Locker Rental (annual and semester)
- Television Lounge Area
- Towel Service
- 4-hole putting green
- Two state of the art golf simulators
- 3000 sq. ft in a cardio style theater with 12 HD TVs
- 3000 sq. ft additional equipment located throughout the building
- Spin Area
- 5500 sq. ft of wood dance floors
- 4500 sq. ft of synthetic floors
- Billiards Table
- Table Tennis
- 30 Acres of lighted fields
- 4 sand volleyball courts
- Newly renovated Colvin Center Annex
- 4 Courts with synthetic playing surface
The 3.3 million dollar, 150,000 square foot Colvin P.E. Center opened its doors to students in 1969. The home for physical education, intramural sports, varsity swimming, and open recreation activities was among the finest complexes in the country. Named for Valerie Colvin, long-time Oklahoma State faculty member and a pioneer in physical education, the facility represented a commitment to the role physical education and recreation play in student development.
In 2004, the building reopened after a student-funded, 23 million dollar renovation project to update the aging facilities. The project increased the size of the facility to 240,000 square feet and included a new outdoor pool, an additional four court gym, new fitness rooms, locker rooms, a multipurpose activity gym and a 4 lane indoor jogging track.
In 2005, the Colvin Center was recognized as an Outstanding Sports Facility by NIRSA, the National Intramural and Recreation Sports Association. Also in 2005, the Colvin Center was named a facility of merit by Athletic Business. It has also received facility awards from the Southwest Regional Council of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), and the Oklahoma Recreation and Park Society.
Today, the Colvin Recreation Center offers students, faculty and staff one of the best facilities for sport, recreation and fitness in the nation. As part of the Department of Wellness, we are committed to providing students, faculty and staff with the best recreation programs and wellness services in the country. Come by and see everything the Colvin Center has to offer.