- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Wellness Wednesday: The Inspirational Story of Alton Carter
Time:12:00 - 12:50
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Location: Seretean Wellness Center
Registration Deadline: Friday, November 11, 2016
Registration Fee: FREE, no-shows will be billed $10 to their bursar account.
Alton Carter will share his amazing and inspirational story of growing up in foster care in Oklahoma. Abandoned by his father, neglected by his mother, shuttled between foster homes and a boys’ ranch, Mr. Carter refused to succumb to the fate that the world said should be his. Overcoming extremely difficult circumstances, Mr. Carter has become a loving husband and father, youth minister, and advocate for children’s rights. He documented his experiences in a book titled, The Boy Who Carried Bricks”.
Lunch is provided. (Vegetarian and gluten free meals are available upon request at registration).To register call 405-744-WELL (9355) or email email@example.com. No shows will be charged $10 to bursar account. Registration/cancelation deadline is November 11, 2016, at 12:00 p.m.
This program is open to OSU-Stillwater benefits-eligible employees and community Department of Wellness members.