- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Announcing TechAccessOK 2017!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Wellness Wednesday: Better Bones
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Time: noon-12:50 pm
Location: Human Sciences Room 160, the Hal Smith Demonstration Classroom (located in the new north wing of Human Sciences)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Registration Fee: No-shows will be charged $10 to their bursar account.
To register call 405-744-WELL (9355) or email email@example.com.
-why bone health has broad implications on overall health;
-how to identify your level of risk and what you can do to reduce it;
-the who, what, when and where of osteoporosis screening; and
-what you can do if you find out you have low bone density or osteoporosis
Brenda is a Regents Professor in the Department of Nutritional Sciences and the John and Sue Taylor Professor of Human Sciences. Her B.S. and M.S. are in Exercise Physiology and she holds a Ph.D. in Human Sciences with an option in Nutritional Sciences. Her research program focuses on understanding how bioactive components in the diet can be used to alter the immune response which in turn affects the risk for chronic diseases such as osteoporosis.