- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- Accessibility Apps for iPads
- FREE Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Workspace Ergonomics
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities (Updated)
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Mindfulness and Consumption
Time: 12:00 - 12:50 pm
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
Location: Seretean Wellness Center
Registration Fee: No shows will be charged $10 to bursar account.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 12th at 12:00 pm
Mindfulness practice has recently been implicated in the landscape of sustainability. The “hedonic treadmill” of consumption in Western society is one of the greatest contributors to waste on the planet, but its impact on human well-being is even more concerning. Mindfulness practice offers a tool for non-judgmental reflection on consumption behavior. Cosette will share her personal journey as well as the impact mindfulness practice is having on students in her courses. The audience will participate in a variety of mindfulness practice during the session.”
Cosette M. Joyner Armstrong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, College of Human Sciences
Design, Housing & Merchandising
Lunch is provided. (Vegetarian and gluten free meals are available upon request at registration).
To register, call 405-744-WELL (9355) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is for Benefits eligible employees and Dept. Community Members