- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
"Expect. Employ. Empower"
Governor Mary Fallin has issued an executive proclamation designating the month of October 2014 as National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) in Oklahoma. Read the proclamation.
OSU faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to participate in NDEAM and commit to an inclusive Oklahoma workforce.
Ideas for Educators and Youth Service Professionals
Learn how educators and youth service professionals can take part in NDEAM. October is a great time to discuss disability employment with students training to enter the workforce; engage student leaders and local community leaders; expose students to "soft skills" training such as teamwork and decision-making communications; and educate about disability history.
For more ideas and to download a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help youth prepare for employment, regardless of their interests or intended career paths, visit http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/educators.htm.
OSU Student Disability Services
Student Disability Services (SDS) is committed to providing a community that ensures full participation for students. SDS provides assistance to students that will facilitate their independence and academic progress. Academic support services includes:
- Specialized testing
- Classroom accommodations
- Accessible textbooks
- Access to Assistive Technology (AT)
For more information call SDS at 744-7116 or visit http://sds.okstate.edu/.
Check out this video featuring a unique perspective from OSU students' with disabilities:
Additional Workforce Resources:
What can YOU do? The Campaign for Disability Employment
U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy
Oklahoma Office of Disability Concerns
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
Oklahoma ABLE Tech "Workforce for All" Training and Resources
Questions or need more information? Call Sponsored Programs in the Department of Wellness at 744.9748 or email us at email@example.com.