- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Announcing TechAccessOK 2017!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
OSU Provides Students with Software to Support Academic Needs
Explore the software and technology that Oklahoma State University offers students to aid with academic support and success. Software such as “Read & Write Gold” provides reading and writing support through text-to-speech which provides an audio version of a digital book, website, or documents.
Text-to-speech is proven to increase comprehension and can make all the difference for students who may struggle with reading and writing. Text-to-speech software can save digital files into an mp3 for listening on-the-go.
What Software is Available to Students?
OSU provides students the following software for free. Find it in the OSU campus computer labs or download to a personal computer:
- Read & Write Gold (PC & Mac)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice-to-text to assist with writing)
- Dragon Dictate (Mac)
- JAWS (screen reader)
- MAGic (magnification software)
- OpenBook (scan a book and hear the audio)
Schedule a Free Demonstration
OSU Oklahoma ABLE Tech, located in the Seretean Wellness Center, offers one-on-one demonstrations of assistive technology software and free 6-week technology and software loans, including iPads with assistive technology apps, to provide academic support. Call 405-744-9748 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.