- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
Oklahoma ABLE Tech, one of more than twenty Sponsored Programs housed at OSU in the Department of Wellness (DOW), offers information and programs about assistive technology devices and services. Additionally, assistive devices (AT) are available as demonstrations or short-term loans (try, before you buy) and also, for FREE (to keep) or for sale, at greatly reduced cost through ABLE Tech’s Exchange program. Equipment can range from adapted vehicles to computer software to ankle and back braces.
The Oklahoma Equipment Exchange is the service that addresses the “exchange” of assistive devices and maintains an inventory where Oklahomans can research, and acquire, AT. The URL for this service is here. The website is available to anyone of any age but is not to be used by vendors or distributors.
The program is a person-to-person exchange, which functions like the newspaper classifieds and provides listings of pre-owned equipment.
Recently, Doris contacted the Oklahoma Equipment Exchange and inquired about the availability of a lift chair. Her 91-year-old mother was rarely getting out of bed because it was too difficult to get in and out of a chair. Lift chairs are high-demand items but, luckily, OEE had one available at the time of the phone call, creating a perfect match for her.
Doris later sent an email to ABLE Tech stating, “Thank you SO very much. This is such a blessing! Now my mother can get out of the bedroom and be with the family. Brian, the employee from another DOW Sponsored Program, was so nice and did an excellent job bringing the chair in and setting it up for us. Thank you again.”
Visit Oklahoma Equipment Exchange and browse the inventory – you may just find an assistive device that will help a family member, neighbor or friend!