- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- FREE Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Workspace Ergonomics
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities (Updated)
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
iPads, Apps and Software
Thinking about buying an iPad? Not sure what apps or software is best for learning and cognition? You can demo and “try before you buy” iPads, apps and software for free through Oklahoma ABLE Tech’s demo and loan program. All OSU students, faculty, staff and their families are welcome to explore our inventory.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech is a sponsored program of the OSU Department of Wellness and is located in the Seretean Wellness Center - next to the Colvin Center.
Free Device Demonstration
Our Demo Center gives individuals the opportunity to see, touch, and try assistive technology devices allowing them to compare features and help with the decision-making process. Demonstrations provide:
- Hands-on exploration of AT
- Information on the latest technology
- Low-tech solutions and adaptations
- Vendor sources
Call us at 744.9748 or stop by to schedule a demonstration today!
Free Short-Term Loan Program
Our Short-Term Loan Program provides individuals the opportunity to borrow assistive technology device to help:
- Make an informed decision before purchase
- Ensure compatibility between the device and user
- Have back-up equipment while waiting for repair
- Have a device while waiting for new equipment
Loan duration is from two to six weeks, and is easy-to-use and free. Our inventory offers a wide range of AT devices, including equipment for communication, computer access, hearing, vision, daily living, environmental adaptations, learning and development, health, safety, and recreation. ABLE Tech’s staff can also provide guidance on funding resources to help you obtain needed AT.
ABLE Tech’s extensive inventory contains over 2,000 devices! Search our inventory online at http://oec.okstate.edu/loan.
Call us at 744.9748 or stop by to submit your loan request! You can also submit your loan request online!
Software Highlight: Read&Write by Text Help
How does Read&Write support students’ educational needs? This easy-to-use software supports reading comprehension, writing, study skills, and English language learners. Read&Write is available to all OSU students, faculty and staff in campus computer labs, and can be downloaded for free online at OSU’s Software Distribution Center.
Learn more about Read&Write on our YouTube channel:
Questions? Contact Oklahoma ABLE Tech at 744.9748 or email@example.com