- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- Accessibility Apps for iPads
- FREE Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Workspace Ergonomics
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities (Updated)
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Hearing Resources from Oklahoma ABLE Tech
Did you attend the hearing screening for OSU employees? If you need help choosing the best assistive listening device, Oklahoma ABLE Tech in the OSU Department of Wellness has various programs and resources available to assist you.
Device Demonstration & Free Short Term Loan Program
A hearing screening helps determine whether a person’s hearing is within normal limits or if a referral for a complete hearing evaluation is needed. ABLE Tech’s staff is available to show you assistive technology solutions, like digital listening devices, that may be used to help amplify sound. Through ABLE Tech’s short-term device loan program, you may try a device for up to six weeks for free to ensure compatibility and help you make an informed decision before purchase.
Call ABLE Tech at 405.744.9748 to schedule a demonstration today! ABLE Tech’s Demo Center is located in the Seretean Wellness Center - next to the Colvin Center.
Low-Interest Financial Loan Program
ABLE Tech partners with the Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation (OkAT) and BancFirst to provide a low-interest financial loan program to help Oklahomans purchase needed assistive technology, such as hearing aids.
Free Smoke Alarm Program for Oklahomans who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation (OkAT) has been awarded a grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to install free smoke alarms and alert equipment in the homes of Oklahomans with disabilities. For detailed information on this program, please visit ABLE Tech's Fire Safety page here. You can submit an application for this program online.
For more information, call Tammie Honeyman, Grant Coordinator, at 405.744.7260.
Fire Safety Resources
Check out Fire Safety videos on ABLE Tech’s YouTube channel:
- Alert Devices for People Who are Deaf
- Family Fire Drills
- Home Fire Safety
- Alert Devices for People Who are Hard of Hearing
Questions? Contact Oklahoma ABLE Tech at 744.9748 or email@example.com