- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- Reimagine Your Workspace
- FREE Smoke Alarms for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Assistive Devices for Children
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Connecting Oklahomans with Disabilities to Assistive Technology
Oklahoma ABLE Tech is the statewide Assistive Technology Act Program proudly located at Oklahoma State University in the Department of Wellness. ABLE Tech’s mission is to improve access to and acquisition of assistive technology for individuals with disabilities of all ages.
The Department of Wellness administers multiple private, state, and federally funded programs through grants and contracts to serve the needs of Oklahomans and the public at large. These programs fulfill the outreach component of OSU’s land grant mission serving thousands of individuals on an annual basis. Additionally, Sponsored Programs has a variety of activities and services that make a significant impact for OSU faculty, staff, and students.
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) is any item, device, or piece of equipment used to maintain or improve a person’s capabilities, allowing them to function independently in recreation, education, employment, and daily living activities.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech at OSU:
- AT Device Demonstration Center | Hands-on Exploration of AT
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program | Try an AT Device Before You Buy
- Hearing Screenings | Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Screenings & Evaluations
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center | Empower OSU Faculty, Staff, and Students with Accessible Technology
- Prevention Programs | Tobacco Control, Alcohol & Drug Prevention
- Workspace Ergonomics | Improve Job Performance – Ease & Prevent Pain
Want to Learn More About ABLE Tech Statewide?
ABLE Tech’s programs and services are available to not only OSU faculty, staff, and students, but to all Oklahoma residents. Check out what else we have to offer!