- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Announcing TechAccessOK 2017!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Cowboy Challenge: Sixteen Weeks to a New You!
Cowboy Challenge: Sixteen Weeks to A New You!
Program Begins: January 22, 2018
Location: Seretean Wellness Center/Colvin Annex
Registration Deadline: January 8, 2018
Registration Fee: FREE. Participants who do not comply with the program components as set forth in the contract will incur a charge to their Bursar account in the amount of $150.00. Registration includes a team t-shirt.
For questions contact Tabi Deal 405.744.2354 email@example.com
Cowboy Challenge is a 16-week team based program, combining three teams of ten, on a journey to a healthier you. Program components include pre- and post-program health and fitness assessments, physical activity with a personal trainer and nutrition guidance. Weeks 1 & 16 are devoted to pre- and post-program health and fitness assessments. Weeks 2-15 are devoted to the group and individual program components listed below:
Weeks 2-15: physical activity with a personal trainer at least 2 times a week.
Must be able to exercise between one of the following times:
| 6:00 a.m. - 6:45 a.m. | 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | 5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | (the time chosen when signing-up for workouts
WILL remain participants training time for the duration of the program)
- Must attend the workout presentation, ‘How to Exercise on Your Own’, Friday, April 27th, 2018, from 12:10 – 12:50 p.m.
- Must attend at least 2 Cowboy Challenge training sessions per week
- Commit a minimum of 150 minutes per week for physical activity
Record and submit weekly exercise logs
- Must be able to exercise between one of the following times:
Weeks 2-15: will have nutritional guidance, consisting of:
- one team consultation with a Registered Dietitian
- three group meetings
- sample meal plans and recipes
- recording and submitting food journals.
Training Times: (weeks 2-15): 6:00-6:45 am, 12:15-1:00 pm, OR 5:15-6:00 pm; Nutrition Guidance (weeks 2-15): 12:10-12:50 PM; Pre- & Post- Testing (weeks 1 & 16): 7-10 AM; Nutrition consultation: scheduled with each team (typically from 12:10-12:50 PM)
NOTES: This program may be canceled if minimum registration limits are not met. Any applicable refunds will be issued in that event. This program is limited to OSU-Stillwater benefits-eligible employees. Applications will be due January 8, 2018 & announcements will be made January 10, 2018. There is a mandatory kick-off meeting January 18 from 12:10-12:50 p.m. The week of January 22, 2018 is the pre-testing week—exercise begins the week of January 29, 2018 & nutrition starts the week of January 29, 2018 as well. The week of May 7, 2018 is the last week of exercise & nutrition. Post-testing is the week of May 14 – 18, 2018.
Program includes incentives which are subject to taxation. At the conclusion of the program, OSU Payroll Services will be notified of the retail value of incentives received.
"I loved the comradery I had with my colleagues across campus. It was nice to have something to talk about besides work. The Cowboy Challenge also provided me with the opportunity to interact with students in a different light. Instead of serving as their “adviser” they were, in essence, advising/training me. I loved the dietary component. Our group meetings were wonderful because it provided us with an outlet to discuss our successes and struggles in an environment that would be supportive and get us back on track." -MN
"I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the Cowboy Challenge. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started, I was even a little hesitant at first to sign up. I am very glad that I did. Every day was demanding, but the amazing trainers helped push me to a new level every week. I am not only stronger, faster, and slimmer because of the program, but I have more energy than I have had in a long time. The best part is the knowledge that I gained from the program in order to keep working towards my goals long after the program is over. When I started out it was with the mindset of finishing the 10 weeks, thanks to the program I have now made it a lifestyle change."