- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- ABLE Tech Serves Parents with Disabilities
- Reimagine Your Workspace
- FREE Smoke Alarms for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Assistive Devices for Children
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Forfeits and Concedes
The philosophy of the Intramural Sports Program is to involve all eligible participants in the OSU community. If a team forfeits a contest, the objectives of the Intramural Sports Program are not met, therefore participants are deprived of active involvement. This procedure is designed to eliminate forfeits and encourage involvement.
- Game time is forfeit time. There will not be a grace period. If a team is scheduled to play at 7 p.m., they must be signed in, jerseys on and ready to BEGIN playing at 7 p.m. or a forfeit will be declared. It is recommended that teams arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start time to ensure they are ready to play on time.
In team sports, a forfeit fee of $30.00 will be charged to the team captain for any forfeited contest.
- Team forfeit fees may be paid in the Competitive Sports Office within twenty-four (24) hours of the forfeit. Otherwise, the fee will be charged to the Captain's Bursar account.
In individual/dual sports a $10.00 forfeit fee will be charged to any person who is signed up and does not show up to compete at any time during their scheduled contest throughout the tournament. This is to discourage players from causing byes in tournaments. The person responsible for the fee is the person who is signed up for the sport, not the person who turned in the entry form. If you are signed up, be sure you recognize your responsibility for the fee.
- Individual/dual forfeit fees may be paid in the Competitive Sports Office within twenty-four (24) hours of the forfeit. Otherwise, this fee will be charged to the Bursar Account of the person who forfeited.
- All forfeits, regardless of cause, will result in the forfeit fee being assessed (i.e. forfeiture due to contest being canceled because of sportsmanship issues or illegal player(s)).
- In order to claim a forfeit, the opposing team must have the minimum starting number present and ready to play. Otherwise a double forfeit will be declared if neither team has the minimum number of participants.
- Conceding: A team may concede a game (no forfeit fee will apply) by notifying the Competitive Sports Office. Only the team captain, co-captain or sports chair may concede a contest by contacting the office prior to 2:00 p.m. on the day they are to compete or by 5pm on Friday for all weekend contests by phone 405-744-7407 or email email@example.com • NOTE: leaving a voicemail after 5pm on Friday will not be taken as a concede for any weekend games.
If a team forfeits and/or concedes two (2) contests during a sport season they will be dropped from further competition in that sport.
- Any team scheduled to play the forfeiting/conceded team will automatically receive a bye unless another team is inserted in its place.
- Members of a team that have forfeited out are not eligible to participate for another team. Exception: a team that did not show up for any contests prior to forfeiting out.