- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Announcing TechAccessOK 2017!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- Be An Angel! Give the Gift of Assistive Technology
- "Breeze" Through College
- Arthritis Exercise Program - Spring 2017
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- Apps Help College Students Study
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Massage Therapy
- Nutrition and Cooking
- Personal Training
- Pilates Reformer Training
- Swim Lessons
- Yoga Services
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Time: 5:15 – 7:15 p.m. (5:15-6:45 pm beginner/6:45-7:15 pm advanced)
Location: Colvin Dance Studio 2
Dates: Thursdays, September 7 - Dec.14, 2017
Registration: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Registration Fees: Students $60; Non-Students $70 (beginners level) Students $70; Non Students $80 (second level)
Commonly called Tai Chi or Taiji, is an exercise that employs slow intentional movements, breathing techniques, and a rich array of cognitive tools (e.g. focused body awareness, imagery) to strengthen, relax and integrate the body and mind. Tai Chi is practiced for health, personal development and self-defense.
The class introduces students to the fundamental principles of Tai Chi, including relaxed and mindful movement, proper structural alignment, and breath awareness. Students learn a foundational set of qigong (chi kung) exercises as well as the core movements from the Tai Chi short form. Students will also learn advanced principles.
Beginner level class runs from 5:15-6:45 p.m. and the advanced level class will run an additional 30 minutes with a class time of 6:45-7:15 p.m. where students will learn more advanced practices of Tai Chi.
Register in the Colvin Recreation Center or Seretean Wellness Center, call 405-744-5510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is open to students, employees and Wellness community members.
This program may be canceled if minimum registration limits are not met. Any applicable refunds will be issued in that event.