- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- Reimagine Your Workspace
- FREE Smoke Alarms for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Assistive Devices for Children
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Women and Weights
Time: 3 - 4 p.m.
Dates: Saturdays and Sundays, January 19, 2019 - May 5, 2019
Location: Seretean Wellness Center
Registration Deadline: January 25, 2019
Registration Fee: First 8 Weeks (Ends: Sunday, March 17): Student, $50; Non-Student $60
Second 8 Weeks (Begins: Saturday, March 23): Students, $50; Non-Students, $60
Women and Weights is a class is for women who want to learn the basics of weight training and gym etiquette without having to deal with the intimidations of the open gym floor. This class is a blend of an educational session and a progressive weight training program to prepare women to feel more comfortable exercising in the standard gym setting.
By the end of the eight-week program, you will:
1) Know how to use each piece of equipment and what muscle groups they work
2) Understand equipment settings and proper form for each exercise, including free weights
3) How much weight to use and when to increase weight.
Instructor: Maci Stuart
The first week is a free trial period.
To register, visit the Colvin or Seretean Wellness Center, call 405-744-5510 or email email@example.com.
The class will be canceled if minimum numbers are not met. Refunds will be issued where appropriate at that time.
Participants must complete the instructional programs form to register.