- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- New Site for Oklahoma ABLE Tech!
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- ABLE Tech Instrumental in Bookshare Contract Renewal
- Stillwater Family Saved by Smoke Alarm
- Tech the Halls with AT (New Assistive Technology)
- ABLE Tech Benefits Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Discover AT Discovery!
- Try Out an Assistive Device!
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- For Oklahomans with Disabilities: Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment
- Common Technology - Uncommon Results
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Colvin Recreation Center
The 3.3 million dollar, 150,000 square foot Colvin P.E. Center opened its doors to students in 1969. The home for physical education, intramural sports, varsity swimming, and open recreation activities was among the finest complexes in the country. Named for Valerie Colvin, long-time Oklahoma State faculty member and a pioneer in physical education, the facility represented a commitment to the role physical education and recreation play in student development.
In 2004, the building reopened after a student-funded, 23 million dollar renovation project to update the aging facilities. The project increased the size of the facility to 240,000 square feet and included a new outdoor pool, an additional four court gym, new fitness rooms, locker rooms, a multipurpose activity gym and a 4 lane indoor jogging track.
In 2005, the Colvin Center was recognized as an Outstanding Sports Facility by NIRSA, the National Intramural and Recreation Sports Association. Also in 2005, the Colvin Center was named a facility of merit by Athletic Business. It has also received facility awards from the Southwest Regional Council of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), and the Oklahoma Recreation and Park Society.
Today, the Colvin Recreation Center offers students, faculty and staff one of the best facilities for sport, recreation and fitness in the nation. As part of the Department of Wellness, we are committed to providing students, faculty and staff with the best recreation programs and wellness services in the country. Come by and see everything the Colvin Center has to offer.