- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Student Wellness
- Sponsored Programs
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- ABLE Tech Serves Parents with Disabilities
- Reimagine Your Workspace
- FREE Smoke Alarms for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Assistive Devices for Children
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Financial Services Benefit Many
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Hearing Screenings
- Prevention Programs
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Time: 12 - 12:50 p.m.
Date: Sep 18, 2019
Location: Seretean Wellness Center Lecture Hall
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Registration Fee: FREE; no-shows will be billed $10 to their bursar account
Dietary Cancer Prevention Strategies--What Works?
Dietary factors are second only to tobacco as preventable causes of cancer in the U.S., but the potential for specific dietary components to actually be chemoprotective is not as well established. This talk will focus on three key aspects of dietary cancer prevention: 1) the bioactive components of foods with the potential to be chemopreventative, 2) how preventing nutritional deficiencies can protect against carcinogenesis, and 3) how our overall dietary patterns influence our risk of cancer development. McKale Montgomery, Ph.D., RD Assistant Professor, Nutritional Sciences
Open to OSU-STW benefits-eligible employees.
To register, call 405-744-WELL (9355) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch is provided (vegetarian and gluten-free meals are available upon request at registration).