- Employee Wellness
- Intramural & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sponsored Programs
- Be An Angel! Give the Gift of Assistive Technology
- "Breeze" Through College
- Arthritis Exercise Program - Spring 2017
- Smoke Alarms Save Lives
- Apps Help College Students Study
- AT Device Demonstration Center
- AT Device Short-Term Loan Program
- Device Demo and Loan
- Device Loan Program Benefits OSU Staff
- Free Smoke Alarms and Alert Equipment for Oklahomans with Disabilities
- Hearing Screenings
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Prevention Programs
- Workspace Ergonomics
- iPads, Apps and Software
- Student Health Risk Assessments
- Massage Therapy
- Nutrition and Cooking
- Personal Training
- Pilates Reformer Training
- Swim Lessons
- Yoga Services
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Improve Job Performance - Ease & Prevent Pain
Do you ever leave work with headaches, backaches, sore shoulders, painful wrists, or a stiff neck? These are frequent complaints of employees who may be suffering from ergonomic-related injuries and illnesses.
What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is an applied science, which emphasizes the importance of designing workspaces (i.e. office furniture or industrial work areas and equipment) so the space fits the individual worker. The objective is to “design out” as many ergonomic risk factors as possible in an effort to reduce musculoskeletal disorders (MSD). Ergonomics is also referred to as Human Factors.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech Can Help!
ABLE Tech can help you choose from an assortment of specially designed ergonomic items from our device loan inventory. These items are available on a short-term basis, usually four to six weeks, to help you make an informed decision regarding your ergonomic purchases.
Our device loan inventory features ergonomic chairs, computer accessories such as mice and keyboards, wireless headsets, arm and foot rests, and specialized software. Search our ergonomic device inventory.
“Try It Before You Buy It” Program
ABLE Tech and OSU Environmental, Health and Safety (OSU-EHS) have partnered to offer a “Try It Before You Buy It” program. Following a workspace assessment from OSU-EHS, ABLE Tech staff will help you select the best device(s) to fit your needs from our ergonomic device loan inventory.
Contact us to get started today!
Shelby Sanders, ABLE Tech Loan Coordinator @ 744.7606
Greg Hogan, OSU-EHS Workstation Ergonomic Audits @ 744.7241
- OSU Environmental Health & Safety
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Workplace – U.S. Department of Labor
- Computer Workstation Checklist – U.S. Department of Labor
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders – The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Spotlight on Success
Sue, with the OSU College of Education Outreach, was experiencing back and neck pain due to issues with the setup of her workspace. She recently contacted Oklahoma ABLE Tech to help assess her ergonomic needs. Through the short-term loan program, she was able to try several ergonomic chairs to determine the best fit, and, as a result, was able to make an informed purchase decision. Along with her ergonomic chair, keyboard tray, and other accessories, she was able to create a better work environment that has increased her satisfaction and productivity.
"I definitely recommend ABLE Tech’s services,” said Sue. “I feel like it really helped me to make the selection based on how it felt in the workplace, as well as the price [chair] was reasonable."